Yes, I know I have missed a few weeks but nothing much changed up until yesterday. We met with the mover (yes, one person) yesterday and did a final inventory, boxed up all the items we wanted to ship and loaded them on the truck. At this point, if it didn't get packed yesterday and it won't fit in "checked" luggage at the airport, then it is not going. The good news is that 99% of the stuff we wanted to ship made it. Yes, we did ship John's Primo BBQ pit. After packing it, it weighed 226 lbs which was a significant portion of our 1200 lb alotment but I won't complain. I'm expecting some good tasting Kobe Beef steaks to be produced from that BBQ pit over the next few years! Who knows, maybe we'll try a little camel while we are there!
So, what's next? Well, we leave for California on Saturday to visit relatives and when we return, we will celebrate Christmas with friends and family and then we will be off to Qatar in early January. My only disappointment is that we probably won't be able to watch the Cotton Bowl and I will miss getting my season ending fix of Johnny Football. We will have to get someone to hook up a sling box in time for next season! The good thing is that John found out that the Qatar ExxonMobil Open (tennis tournament) is going to be taking place when we arrive and the finals occur on January 6th so while we are waiting for our stuff to come through customs, maybe we can go watch Federer or Nadal play in the finals. That would be awesome! Here is a link to the tournament site if you are interested in seeing the tennis facilities that the Qatar Tennis Federation offer. http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Tournaments/Doha.aspx
Well, I think that is all I have to report at this time! Departure day is quickly approaching! We hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment